Dear People of Zumbro,
1) We had a delightful outdoor worship service on Sunday, July 12. We were grateful for the cool temperatures and dry weather. Close to 90 people joined us for the service. It was great to see people and connect, and we did it as safely as possible.
2) We will have another outdoor service this coming Sunday at 10am…weather permitting, of course. Check the website (or the church answering machine) by 8am Sunday in case of rain or excessive heat.
3) We ask you to bring lawn chairs and masks. We will have extra masks. We will also have some extra chairs. We are meeting on the southeast lawn of the church. We have marked out squares to allow for physical distancing. And we are doing our best to get people under the shade of the trees, but you might want to put on some sun screen just in case.
4) If you plan to attend, we ask you to RSVP in advance (each week). That helps us monitor who’s in attendance, and to be able to reach out if someone were to later test positive for COVID-19. To RSVP CLICK HERE!
5) This coming Sunday we will be celebrating communion. To keep it as safe as possible, we are asking participants to bring communion elements from home (juice and a cracker might work well). Seal them up in a Tupperware container and bring them out when the time comes. We will also have some extra sealed containers for those who did not bring communion with them.
6) Just so you know, we are participating in worship in a variety of formats. We will respond with some light speaking and very light singing under our masks. It’s scarcely more than a whisper. We are also doing some humming and clapping on appropriate songs. This coming week we will be “passing the peace” by sending a text message to someone on our smart phones.
7) Our goal for now is not to pass out a bulletin with an order of worship.
8) We plan to keep streaming and broadcasting on the radio at 8:30am. We also plan to make the outdoor service a weekly event, unless the infection rate were to change noticeably in our area.
We are grateful to be able to stay connected with you. Be sure to let us know if you have prayer concerns. We are finding opportunities to be the church in more ways that we ever could have imagined.
In the strong name of Jesus,
Pastor Vern Christopherson