Position Purpose: To provide clerical and publication support for worship, digital communications, and mass mailings.
Reports to: Communications Director
- Desire to work in team setting.
- Strong organizational and office skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience in MS Office Suite, including Share Point.
- Experience in Adobe Suite
- Graphic design experience or previous work in Canva
- Experience in MailChimp
- Three years-experience in an office setting
- Website and social media content management experience.
- Prepare bulletins for worship, funeral/memorials services, and senior living campus worship services.
- Prepare regular e-communications such as death notices and the weekly online devotional.
- Facilitate mass mailings such as: quarterly statement letters, newsletters, and other congregational mailings.
- Maintain records of pastoral acts (baptisms, weddings, funerals).
- Provide clerical support for pastors and program staff, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Communications Manager.
Status: Half-time, non-exempt
Apply for Communications Assistant position by April 25, 2021.
Contact Pastor Jason Bryan-Wegner (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Zumbro Lutheran Church is a multi-generational congregation of about 1100 households. We are an ELCA church located in Rochester, MN, committed to serving as a witness to downtown and beyond. The neighborhood around us is quickly evolving into a dynamic residential and commercial district. Our mission of building bridges of understanding and peace, reaching out with compassion, and sharing the hope of Jesus guides our congregation and its ministries.
Our mission guides our ministry and the decisions we make as a congregation:
Our journey of faith leads us to build bridges of understanding and peace, to reach out with compassion, and to share the hope of Jesus.